Regular Prayer Activities
- The Ministry of Prayer is offered in the Lady Chapel every Sunday during the
10am Eucharist Service, and during the 6pm Holy Communion with Healing Prayer, held on the last
Sunday of each month.
Prayer may be for yourself or on behalf of another.
- There is a prayer corner in the Lady Chapel with a box for prayer requests and candles to light
- A Prayer Group meets for about 45 mins most Mondays to pray together for the community
(Fairford as a town and the Church Community) and also praying for the requests that have been
placed in the prayer box in the Lady Chapel and Park Close Stores. Anyone is welcome to join in with this.
- There are also several bible study /house groups taking place in Fairford. One on a Monday evening,
another on a Tuesday morning, and one that Kathleen and Sarah run that meets roughly monthly. If you
want to know more about these then Denise Hyde (01285 713285) is the person to talk to.
Prayer and Healing Group
This is a small group (7 people) who meet monthly to look at ways of encouraging and healing
people on their spiritual journeys and to pray together.
- They are regularly involved in the Prayer in pairs at the 10.00am service and 6.00pm Healing
service on the last Sunday of each month.
- They are also involved in the actual running of the Healing Service, leading, reading,
- They manage the prayer corner in the Lady Chapel - the prayer request box, and prayer cards
for people to take away.
- They organize events like the Lent Daily Prayer and Lent Courses and The Annual Parish Retreat
February Prayer Focus
In everything give thanks: for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus concerning you.
1 Thessalonians 5:18
Just a thought—
You can't do anything about your past, but starting right now you can change your future.
Start afresh with God today!
We encourage you to join us in prayer whether at home or in Church for the following groups of people and areas of our town:
- Hilary Cottage Surgery
- Cottage Hospital
- Mini Praise
- Baptism Team
- Parish Office Team
- Our Bell Ringers
- Newly baptised Christians
- Groves Place, White Hart Court, London Street, Back Lane, River Walk, Wesson Place, Courtbrook, Moor Lane, Moor Lane Court, The Plies
If you would like someone to pray with you in your home, please contact the Parish Office.
Prayer For The Month (February)
Loving Father, even in despair, help us to give thanks that you walk with us, open our eyes to see
and help us to learn the lessons your creation can teach us. We want to worship you wholly,
freely and joyfully, please help us to keep our eyes fixed on you and praise you to the glory of Jesus
Ask, and it will be given you; seek, and you will find; knock, and it will be opened to you.
For everyone one asks receives, and he who seeks finds, and to him who knocks it will be opened
Matthew 7: 7-8